Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Blog Assignment # 3 - A Look Back

This semester I had the opportunity to be in a class with a wonderful teacher and my wonderful classmates of Section 001. From day one it was clear that this semester would be filled with a rush of different things. Starting from the first day of class till now, we've done many different things. We had blog assignments & documentary work, from learning about sound recording techniques to filming a better documentary, each of which was better and more improved from FILMP 150. Teachers and classmates play a huge part in a student's class time, and I can happily say that this semester I had them both. Which is what made this semester even better. Prof. Sam, gave wonderful tips on editing and organizing our work, and I'll definitely be using her teachings for all my future works. I have learnt a lot from this class, but, with things going in a bit of a rush, I think some people might have had trouble keeping up with everything. Like we only had a week before we started recording our subjects, and that can be a bit hard for people who tend to be more closed and somewhat shy. But then again, this was the perfect hands-on experience, because we might not even know our subject till the day of the meeting, so this was both helpful plus a bit startling. The rush was a great experience nevertheless, because this is how it's going to be in the real world. This course so far has given us a better look at how it's like to go out and make a real documentary, and I've learnt a lot that I will apply to my future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment